If you’re craving a tasty and satisfying snack, look no further than Bread Pakora! This popular Indian street food is loved by people of all ages. It’s a simple yet flavorful dish that combines the goodness of bread with a spicy and crispy coating. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through an easy and delicious Bread Pakora recipe that you can recreate in the comfort of your own kitchen. Let’s get started!
- 6 slices of bread
- 1 cup besan (gram flour)
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Mint chutney or ketchup for serving
- Prepare the batter:
- In a mixing bowl, combine besan, red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and salt.
- Gradually add water to the bowl while whisking the mixture to make a smooth and thick batter. Ensure there are no lumps.
- Assemble the Bread Pakoras:
- Take a slice of bread and cut it diagonally into two triangles. Repeat with the remaining slices.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat.
- Dip each bread triangle into the prepared batter, making sure it is evenly coated.
- Gently slide the coated bread into the hot oil and fry until golden brown and crispy. Flip it once to ensure even cooking.
- Remove the bread pakoras from the oil using a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil. Repeat with the remaining bread triangles.
- Serve and Enjoy:
- Once the bread pakoras are slightly cooled, serve them hot with mint chutney or ketchup.
- Bread pakoras are best enjoyed immediately while they are still crispy. The combination of the soft bread and crunchy exterior is simply irresistible!
There you have it – a simple and delightful Bread Pakora recipe that you can make at home. Whether it’s a tea-time snack or a party appetizer, these crispy treats are sure to please your taste buds. The best part is that you can customize the spices according to your preference. So, gather the ingredients, follow the steps, and savor the irresistible goodness of homemade Bread Pakoras. Enjoy!
You can also add fillings to the bread slices, such as mashed potatoes, paneer (Indian cottage cheese), or sliced vegetables like onions and capsicum, before dipping them in the batter for added flavor and texture.
Frequency Asked Questions (FAQ)
1) Can I use any type of bread for Bread Pakora?
Yes, you can use any type of bread for making Bread Pakora. White bread, whole wheat bread, or even multigrain bread will work well. Choose the type of bread you prefer or have on hand.
2) Can I make the batter in advance?
It’s best to make the batter just before you’re ready to fry the Bread Pakoras. This ensures that the batter stays fresh and maintains its consistency. If you make the batter too far in advance, it may become thin or develop a different texture.
3) Can I make Bread Pakoras without deep frying?
While deep frying gives the Bread Pakoras a crispy texture, you can also try shallow frying or air frying them for a healthier option. However, keep in mind that the results may be slightly different.