Who can resist the temptation of a chocolate ice cream taco? The perfect marriage of crispy taco shells, velvety chocolate ice cream, and a delightful crunch of peanuts is enough to make anyone’s taste buds dance with joy. In this blog post, we will guide you through a simple and delicious recipe for chocolate ice cream tacos that are not only vegetarian and egg-free but also include the delightful addition of peanuts. So, let’s dive into this heavenly treat and learn how to make chocolate ice cream tacos from scratch!
Ingredients: For the taco shells:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk (or plant-based milk for a vegan option)
- 1/4 cup melted butter (or melted coconut oil for a vegan option)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the chocolate ice cream:
- 2 cups heavy cream (or coconut cream for a vegan option)
- 1 cup milk (or plant-based milk for a vegan option)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the toppings:
- Chocolate sauce
- Chopped peanuts
- Whipped cream (or coconut whipped cream for a vegan option)
- Preparing the taco shells:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt.
- Add the milk, melted butter (or coconut oil), and vanilla extract. Stir until a smooth batter forms.
- Heat a non-stick pan or a taco shell mold over medium heat.
- Pour a small ladleful of batter onto the pan or into the mold, swirling it around to form a thin, round shape.
- Cook the shell for about 2-3 minutes or until the edges become crisp and the bottom is lightly browned.
- Carefully remove the shell from the pan or mold and shape it into a taco shell while it’s still warm. You can use a taco holder or a DIY holder made from foil.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter until you have made all the taco shells. Set them aside to cool and harden.
- Making the chocolate ice cream:
- In a saucepan, combine the heavy cream (or coconut cream), milk, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and whisk the mixture until it’s well combined and the sugar has dissolved.
- Continue heating the mixture until it starts to steam, but avoid boiling it.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Allow the mixture to cool for a few minutes, then transfer it to a container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until chilled.
- Assembling the chocolate ice cream tacos:
- Once the taco shells and ice cream have chilled, remove them from the refrigerator.
- Scoop the chocolate ice cream into the taco shells, filling them to the top.
- Drizzle some chocolate sauce over the ice cream, and sprinkle a generous amount of chopped peanuts on top.
- For an extra touch of indulgence, add a dollop of whipped cream (or coconut whipped cream) on top.
- Serve immediately and savor the delightful combination of crispy chocolate taco shells, creamy ice cream, and the satisfying crunch of peanuts.
Conclusion: There’s no denying the irresistible charm
Frequency Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is a chocolate ice cream taco?
A chocolate ice cream taco is a delightful dessert treat that combines the crispy texture of a taco shell with creamy chocolate ice cream and crunchy peanuts. It’s a perfect combination of sweet and salty flavors.
2. Can I make homemade chocolate ice cream for the taco?
Absolutely! Making homemade chocolate ice cream for the taco is a great idea. You can use a simple chocolate ice cream recipe and churn it in an ice cream maker. Alternatively, you can also use store-bought chocolate ice cream if you prefer.
3. Can I use a different nut instead of peanuts?
Certainly! While peanuts provide a delicious crunch and flavor, you can use different nuts as well. Almonds, cashews, or even mixed nuts can be a great alternative to peanuts. Choose your favorite nuts or create your own nutty combination.