Broccoli is one of the most nutritious vegetables that can be easily incorporated into a variety of dishes. One of the most delicious and easy ways to include broccoli in your diet is by making a broccoli pizza. In this blog, we will guide you through the process of making a mouth-watering broccoli pizza.
- Pizza crust (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Clean the broccoli florets and chop them into small bite-sized pieces. Boil them in salted water for 2-3 minutes, or until they become slightly tender. Once done, drain the water and set aside.
- Roll out the pizza crust onto a baking sheet or pizza stone. Brush it with a tablespoon of olive oil and evenly distribute the tomato sauce on top of the crust, leaving about a half-inch border around the edges.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the tomato sauce.
- Add the boiled broccoli florets on top of the cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix together the grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Drizzle this mixture over the top of the pizza.
- Season the pizza with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Bake the pizza in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the crust is golden brown.
- Once done, remove the pizza from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes. Slice the pizza into desired portions and serve immediately.
This broccoli pizza recipe is a great way to enjoy a healthy and delicious meal. It’s perfect for those who are looking to incorporate more vegetables into their diet, but don’t want to sacrifice on taste. You can also experiment with different toppings and seasonings to make the recipe your own. So, grab some broccoli and get ready to make a delicious and nutritious pizza!