Mexican patty sandwiches are a delicious and flavorful option that combines the classic patty sandwich with Mexican-inspired flavors. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make a Mexican patty sandwich:🧑🍳
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 hamburger buns
- Toppings of your choice (sliced avocado, sliced jalapeños, shredded lettuce, sliced tomato, etc.)
- Mexican crema or sour cream
- Preheat your grill or stovetop to medium-high heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Divide the mixture into four equal portions and form each portion into a patty about 3/4 inch thick.
- Place the patties on the grill or stovetop and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- While the patties are cooking, prepare your toppings. Slice the buns in half and lightly toast them.
- Once the patties are cooked, remove them from the grill or stovetop and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Assemble your Mexican patty sandwich by placing the patty on the bottom half of the bun. Add your toppings of choice, such as sliced avocado, sliced jalapeños, shredded lettuce, and sliced tomato.
- Drizzle Mexican crema or sour cream over the toppings, and add a spoonful of salsa.
- Place the top half of the bun on the sandwich and serve immediately.
Enjoy your delicious😋 and flavorful Mexican patty sandwich!
Frequency Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is a Mexican Patty Sandwich?
A Mexican Patty Sandwich is a flavorful and satisfying sandwich made with a delicious Mexican-style patty as the main ingredient.
2. What kind of bread is best for the sandwich?
The choice of bread is flexible, but a soft bun or a crusty roll works well to hold the patty and toppings together. Some people also enjoy using torta bread or a traditional Mexican bolillo.
3. Can I make the Mexican Patty Sandwich ahead of time?
While it’s best to assemble the sandwich fresh to maintain its flavors and textures, you can prepare the patty and toppings in advance. Just make sure to store them separately and assemble the sandwich right before serving for the best results.